Saturday, 9 February 2013

Glossy Box UK February 2013

It's that time again, it only seems like a week ago we got the January boxes so it must be an early shipment this month, here's what I got!

GlossyBox UK February 2013

GlossyBox UK February 2013

I was definitely surprised to see a lot of make-up in the month's Glossybox, and I have to admit a little disappointed with the brand selection as I don't recognise Micabella or Helen E cosmetics, and I DO recognise Docteur Renaud from M&S which doesn't scream luxury to me.. unless we're talking about vanilla bean & raspberry panacottas...

GlossyBox UK February 2013
L-R: cafe au lait lipstick & heart lolly; top swatch of lipstick, bottom swatch blush; terracota blush & model co eyeshadow; swatches of model co eyeshadow

Helen E cosmetics moisturising lipstick - 'cafe au lait' full size £8
As I said before, I don't know this brand and also I don't like the packaging. The dark orange colour of the bullet and hand swatch was a bit scary but once I applied it I actually really liked the colour on my skintone- so don't be too put off if you've got medium skin and you like nude lips.

MicaBella Cosmetics mineral blush sample- full size 9g £34.95
'terracotta' 0.8g sample
Mineral powder cosmetics are something I never go for, so in a way I don't mind getting them in beauty boxes because otherwise I wouldn't get to try them. Like most mineral powders I've tried this blush is very pigmented, it's also peach coloured like the lipstick. 

ModelCo eyeshadow duo- full size (trio) £18
'Bronze Goddess' sample size 2 out of 3 shades.
This is what most excited me when I opened the box, which kind of faded when I swatched it and discovered the light shade is sheer & packed for of silver glitter. This doesn't accompany the gorgeous bronze shade well at all in my opinion.

GlossyBox UK February 2013


DR Renaud Raspberry soft cream- full size 50ml £25
30ml sample
This is a rich cream for dry skin which suits me perfectly, it smells like raspberry yogurt so I'm keen to give it a try

Anatomicals You need a blooming shower! full size 300ml £5
150ml sample shower gel
I am really peeved that anatomicals shower gel now apparently contain SLS, I actually use the mango one now because it doesn't. So their decision to add the chemical has just annoyed me basically.

makeup using the modelco eyeshadows, micabella blush & helen E lipstick
I'm happy all the makeup shades I've got this month go together at least!

What did you get??

7 comments:

  1. That's such a pretty look in the last two photos! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your Feb 2013 GlossyBox is actually quite different from mine! I really liked what I got though :)

    http://newwithhashtags.co.uk/glossybox-february-2013/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though you weren't too keen on some of the items, the look you've put together looks lovely on you. Especially the blush!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great on you, especially the blush!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember Helen E from way back! When I first got into make up. Back then the packaging was a little tacky, the product itself wasn't all that great either. They did this powder blusher where you apply it with a thin sponge that they provide you with.

    Maybe they've revamped or are looking for some form of exposure? o

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!