Saturday, 5 January 2013

2012 Faves: MAC desert camouflage face kit

You've got to hand it to MAC, something they do really well are multi-use palettes. Every year when they bring these out toward the holidays I coo over them before blanching at the price for one item, then kick myself weeks later because I wish I'd picked one up!



This variation was part of the Carine Roitfeld collection (which I found otherwise uninteresting) and you get 4 eyeshadows, one cremeblend blush underneath the compact with a mirror in the lid.

Heavily abused desert camoflage face kit


A palette with a pale neutral and a black is always a winner with me and the two middle colours are both lovely, but I wish one of them had been a matte brown so it could have been used as a brow colour

The cream blush is more of a bronze or contour colour and I use it to contour, it does work better with a brush though like a small stippler or the real techniques contour brush from the core face collection.


I have loved this and used it so much in the last 3 months which is why it's made it's way into my faves of 2012. 

These particular palettes were panned a bit by other critics, the eyeshadows are a total pain to swatch and they swatch with poor colour payoff. However with the exception of carbon I don't have any issues using them on my actual eyelid; exhibit A:

wearing desert camoflage palette the night I got engaged

Since I got this in October I've used it for my everyday make-up the majority of the time and it's definitely earned it's place in my make-up bag and my favourites for the year.


Did you pick this MAC palette up, did you have a favourite palette last year?

9 comments:

  1. The palette looks gorgeous but I read so many bad reviews of it I didn't buy it. My favourite palette last year was the Soap & Glory lid stuff palette in the shade 'whats nude' - love it!


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot of people say they liked the soap& glory palettes :) I did read a lot of bad reviews on this after I purchased but thankfully I don't seem to have a problem with it! x

      Delete
  2. This looks like a really handy palette!
    Lucia
    http://luciasloves.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I love that EOTD you created with this palette, I don't think I've heard of it before though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) I don't think it was a very popular MAC collection, also the shadows don't swatch well so it didn't get much blog coverage

      Delete
  4. I love the colours, that gold is beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colours xx

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cremeblend blush/bronzer in the CR palette - everything else is mediocre! :'(

    ♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!