Sunday, 2 September 2012

MAC Electric Cool Eyeshadow

MAC really annoys me sometimes, chopping and changing collections every month is one (irritating) thing, but then creating a totally new formula and only making it available for 30 days is just stupid to me. I've been testing it for a month in different ways so here's my opinion- they are still available for like, 4 days now if you want to go ahead and purchase too! Although we all know how MAC loves to re-promote things so we'll probably see these again at some point.
MAC Blacklit electric cool eyeshadow

Electric Cool is MAC's answer to Chanel's Illusion D'ombre. It has that spongy, souffle-like texture and is a long wearing eyeshadow which can be used also as a liner or base for powder shadows.
MAC blacklit electric cool swatches, out of focus so you can see the bling more!

The shade I chose, Blacklit, is a shimmery soft black, you can wear it as grey if you apply with one stroke or build it to a deeper black. 

As a liner it lasted 10 hours and was easy to apply with a lining brush.

As a stand alone shadow it lasts about 7 hours over the crease and fades evenly over this time period. It's no paint pot when it comes to this application.

As a base for powder shadows it's pretty great. It lasted 18 hours before I had to remove it, I wore the chanel illusion d'ombre on half the eyelid for comparision and it beat the Chanel on longevity.

fotd: clarins skin illusion foundation, mac superdupernatural blush, blacklit electric cool shadow, legendary black prolongwear shadow, avon supershock mascara, mac pleasure-seeker lipstick

The downside to using them as shadow base is you are covering up their pretty colours! I found the ideal match for blacklit to be MAC pro longwear shadow in legendary black which is what I'm wearing here, although it's not as multi-dimensional as blacklit with its crazy rainbow glitter.


Did you pick up any of these?


Would you prefer MAC to keep new releases out longer if they are a new formula? 

It annoys me that it took 3 weeks of me trying out the product to decide I liked them, they were good value and I would have chose more shades, only for them to be unavailable to me by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!