Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Soleil Tan de Chanel bronze universal base

Contouring is a beautiful thing but we know finding your perfect product to do so can be tricky.

Soleil Tan de Chanel bronze universal is one of the products I've been meaning to try for ages, (along with MAC harmony blush by the way) thinking it would be a great contour- and I'm pleased to say I'm not disappointed!



soleil tan de chanel
It is a matte cream formula-, sort of the illusion d'ombre style, cream-mousse texture. The MUA insisted that it should be applied with a mini kabuki and NOT fingers. I haven't tried any other application method to be honest, I wasn't feeling all that rebellious but pffft...how bad can it be? Have you tried?

My mini kabuki brush pictured is a Crown brush, model KB2 if you wanted to know, I like Crown brushes because they are around the same price as ELF but  better quality and they have a massive range.

Excuse the dodgy green eyeshadow- I was played around with the cheapo Glossybox palette we got this month and maybe should have gone for the neutrals first!

R: foundation & concealer before STdC L: after soliel tan de chanel, no blush or highlighter

What I really love about it is that it seems to smooth the skin you apply it to as well as colour. I've tried applying it under a tinted moisturiser too, and it works nicely as a primer & more subtle contour in one. It warmed toned so makes a great bronzer too.

I'm not a wiz at contouring by the way, I know I'm heavy handed, plus I tend to start rolling this all over my face - I like the smoothing effect and I just can't stop! It can look a lot more natural with a light hand, depending on your skin tone of course as this only comes in one colour.

This Soleil tan de Chanel is £30, I think I paid fractionally less than that in John Lewis but cannot find evidence of this online so we'll go with that. The compact is massive though- don't be fooled by the teeny tester pot!


Have you tried this?
Whats your favourite bronzer or contouring product?

8 comments:

  1. I love this bronzer.. I use it to give me an overall bronzey glow rather than just for contouring.. It smells diviiine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does smells gorgeous! I love that it's so multi-purpose but it does do glowy really beautifully x

      Delete
  2. I heard a lot of raves about this product. You have a very nice glow on your face! I tend to stay away from bronzer as I can't handle them very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I caved and purchased it as its really nice! It could be quite subtle but depends on your skin tone x

      Delete
  3. This looks gorgeous on you :) I have such a love hate relationship with it and havent touched it for months. Maybe I need to give it another chance.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) it's worth making it work for you if you can x

      Delete
  4. I've wanted to try this for an AGE! But the price tag has put me off. When I've collected enough Boots points, I may just treat myself to it. In the mean time, I'll be sticking to my cheapo Sleek Contour kit, haha. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha ironic that I've been meaning to try the Sleek contour kit for an age! xx

      Delete

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!