Friday, 20 July 2012

Favourites!

This is the closest I'm likely to get to a 'monthly faves' post these days as I'm just not organised enough anymore.. it's more of a discoveries post to be honest though!

Discovery Une: Brushes make things better

exhibit A- Chanel Illusion d'ombre and Real techniques detail brush

Chanel Illusion d'ombre in emrvielle, real techniques small detailer brush
I sort of fell out of love with this eyeshadow after I lost the brush it comes with, but I didn't make the connection between those 2 facts. This Real Techniques brush from the core collection is a great substitute and the product applies so much better with it than with fingers! 

2. Exhibit B- Soap & Glory kick ass concealer

soap&glory kick ass concealer
As you can see my compact is pretty abused, a sign of a good product! I have loads of concealer brushes that I ignore but I've found recently they really are helping this to apply more smoothly, also the Elf studio angled contour brush is my favourite thing to powder under-eye concealer with

3. Avon Supershock max mascara is awesome

Avon supershock max mascara
This is part of a selection free with Marie Claire this month and I'd heard it was the best one- SO True. I put 4 coats on and have the fattest, fluffiest lashes ever. Loving this!

4. Ditto Revlon Just Bitten balm stain in Romantic

Revlon balm stain in Romantic
I don't need to say much about this product as there's not going to anything in my head about them that you don't already know by now. 
But.. staying power and matte velvet look of a stain, combined with the comfortable texture of a balm.. and that the combination actually works this time- it's the way forward.

Have you tried any of these?
What are your current favourites??

2 comments:

  1. That lip stain is such a gorgeous colour on you and your lashes look stunning!!

    I haven't tried any of the products you've mentioned.. But I really wanna get the real techniques core brush set.. They look so soft!

    Currently I'm loving my MUFE Waterproof eyebrow corrector, Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil which really surprised me as it's so creamy yet stays put all day!

    I'm mainly tryna use up the products I've hit pan on already like my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Powder & Korres Monoi Oil Bronzer.. Both I really love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love all the real technique brushes I have especially the blusher brush, it's so soft and a bit pointed.

      The MUFE eyebrow product sounds interesting and I'm dying to try the luminous silk powder- sounds gorgeous! x

      Delete

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!