Saturday, 19 May 2012

In the Pink

This is the make up I've been loving recently and it's all about the soft n sheer pink lip, pink cheeks and minimal everything else.


lovely rose fotd
In the picture above I'm wearing L'oreal lumi magique foundation, c2000 concealer probably, NARS super orgasm blush, NARS fathom eyeshadow, MAC blacktrack fluidline & Lancome hypnose drama mascara.


I wouldn't wear Super Orgasm to work, as I did- it was about 9.15 when the sales manager felt compelled to tell me "you have glitter on your face, Laura" like, duh! One for the weekend then...


The 3 staple lip products are:


L'oreal rouge caresse in lovely rose (in fotd above)
Carmex moisture plus lip balm in pink* (in fotd below)
Pixi magic tink tint in Happy thoughts pink* (swatched below)


carmex moisture plus pink fotd
The new carmex tinted balm is my favourite out of the 3 products, it is a great moisturising lip balm which doesn't compromise moisture for colour at all. I love this pink and think it suits my skintone really well (above) I can't wait to get the peach one!


The L'oreal caresse is smooth feeling but not moisturising, and it feels horrible on dry lips! Also I find the cooler more lilac tone of this pink harder to pull off although it looks OK in the top photo.


R: l'oreal caresse lovely rose, L: top-magic tink tint, mid-carmex moisture plus, end- lovely rose


The Pixi magic tink tint is going to be unavailable soon so I thought I'd mention it before you can't get them anymore. It is certainly an interesting product; it changes from the baby pink you see in the photo above to a bespoke colour according to your PH (or the Ph of your lipbalm underneath?) It goes pretty shocking pink on me so it's not subtle, also it feels like a barrier lip balm -like vaseline- but it doesn't seem to penetrate the skin and moisturise it like carmex does.


Many thanks to my Auntie Daisy for sending me the NARS products I'm wearing in this post, you're amazing and I love them!


I'm really getting used to light coverage foundations too, at last! 


Have you tried any of these pinks?


**PR samples

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE pink lip products, my staple is MAC's Angel lipstick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to try angel but am worried it will wash me out like hue does! X

      Delete

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!