Sunday, 15 April 2012

Pixi illuminating tint & conceal review

I've been using this tinted moisturiser over a month now in different climates (you know England!) with different primers/powders, in different situations.... I think I've got it's capabilities covered so time to review!


The tinted moisturiser has a concealer in the lid which screws off, I really like this packaging as it's small and easy to carry around.

Texture: The moisturiser is a creamy, gel like consistency a bit like Bourjois healthy mix foundation I suppose. It has shimmer in it similar to Rimmel wake me up. The concealer is a solid cream that turns to a powder consistency on the skin.

top: tinted blended, tint swatch, concealer swatch
Wear: This was the most surprising aspect- it wears really well. The tinted moisturiser lasts a good 6 hours on me before I can see dullness looming underneath and broken capillaries under the concealer.

Finish: The tinted moisturiser is extremely dewy when first applied, (see second photo in, below) but on my dry skin this soon settles. The concealer is matte and as mentioned before has a powdered appearance on the skin. I can imagine on mature skin this could appear chalky but on mine it isn't.

l-r: no make-up; tinted moisturiser only; tint & concealer; blush, contour, eye make-up and revlon lip butter added

Coverage: The tinted moisturiser covers more like a very light foundation. You can certainly tell the difference between the first and second photos above! The concealer does not cover blemishes very well but it really smoothes out skintone, broken capillaries, redness and pigmentation as you can see in the third picture above. The 4th picture is just for redemption!

The concealer really excels at covering dry, red skin. Most concealers make dry skin looks worse. This doesn't! The Pixi MUA didn't recommend it for under the eye area and neither would I: it's cool toned so it doesn't cancel out any darkness, it isn't very high coverage and the powdery texture isn't flattering on that area.

Overall I honestly love this product, I prefer it to light foundations I've tried like Chanel Vitamuliere, I prefer it to tinted moisturisers I've used previously such as Laura Mercier. 100% will I purchase this when it runs out.


What's your favourite tinted moisturiser?

*Product was provided free for review but this is my honest opinion as always

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!