Friday, 27 January 2012

Clinique Lid Smoothie

I've wanted to try these for a while now so when I went to get my friend a sheer lippie for her birthday I couldn't resist anymore, I'm just impressed I didn't get the champagne shade at the same time.




I chose the green.. huge surprise, not. If you want to see further evidence of my appreciation of green eye shadow see dedicated post *here*


It's called cute-cumber which is not what I would've chosen...


I think a shade inspired by a cucumber would be sheer or gloss finish, not a frosty silver tipped pale green. The shade is exacly what I would describe the colour 'Sage' as. Why they didn't call it 'sweet-sage' I don't know.


Why I'm not a beauty product name developer I think is obvious now, though!


here it is in action:


cute-cumber on the lid with mac shroom in the inner corner and carbon in the outer v


It's a cream eyeshadow in a lip gloss tube, basically, and it has a cooling metal applicator which is nice first thing in the morning!


The lid smoothie claims to last 8 hours of wear; which it does almost down to the minute! This isn't long enough for me at work, I need 16 hours which I can only get from a paint pot really. 


The longevity is unaffected by a powder shadow on top of it.


It's so pretty and easy to apply I can forgive it's shortcomings in longwear, at least it does what t claims to!




Have you picked any of these lid smoothies up yet?
DO you like this type of tube applicator for eyeshadow or do you prefer more traditional packaging??

3 comments:

  1. My Mum has this in champagne, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Looks very nice. The champagne colour should be also very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @daisy chain & beauty shades- thanks :) the champagne colour is actually called 'bit o' honey' and the shade I want is the slightly darker 'cashew later'. I should stop inventing shade names! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!