Monday, 23 January 2012

Chanel Vitalumiere foundation

Another foundation it has taken me a ridiculously long time to review, in fact it's practically finished but better late than never...




Texture


Gel-like fluid, applies seamlessly and effortlessly as you'd expect


Application


Neat pump applicator 


Packaging


Smooth and sleek, has a nice weight to it and is functional & easy to keep clean- One downer is it's sooo hard to get the last bit of product out!


Exhibit A:



Can you see that? Infuriating!

Longevity

I have dry skin and it doesn't last 8 hours without powder, if you had an oiler skin I can't imagine it would stay on 5 minutes!

Finish

Dewy and sheer. It does conceal imperfections in a similar way to my Clarins skin illusion and those types of foundation- kind of glosses over them rather than gives a thick concealing layer of coverage.


Before and After!



So as you can see it's not a high coverage or long lasting solution, but I think it gives your skin a nice glow and makes it look polished.

Would I re purchase?

It lasts a really long time (in the bottle, not on the skin!) which is just as well for £33. I think I prefer NARS sheer glow at the moment because it's higher coverage but I do still like Vitalumiere a lot.




Have you tried this foundation?

What base products are you loving?

2 comments:

  1. I am so behind on getting this foundation! It's been on my wish list for so long but I never get round to buying it. I like Nars Sheer glow a lot so I might just try and get a sample of this to compare before I flash the cash x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @glitterish allsort- I think sheer glow is actually cheaper but you have to buy a separate pump applicator for it, I like both foundations x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!