Sunday, 15 January 2012

10 days...10 lipsticks


This year I have resolved to start using all my lipsticks and glosses so I’m challenging myself to wear a different one each day and swatch them for you as well as show you how I wore them. This may get boring for me so we’ll see how long it actually lasts but here is my first eclectic bunch!


I know lots of other beauty bloggers are doing a very similar series at the moment so if you want me to link your post please let me know!

Also these posts won't usually be as long as this one... now I'm back to work I'll be most likely wearing different lipsticks of the same colour family with exactly the same look on the rest of my face.

Dior Beige Angelique
Middle swatch in centre: Worn with mac quad, mac undercurrent pearlglide liner, ysl shocking 
mascara, brown liquid liner,Nars sheer glow, benefit erase paste & touché éclat, ysl creme de 
blush 1, mac pearl ccb
Nude-peach, I think this was limited edition for fall or maybe the Christmas collection last year, it’s so sheer that I have to wear it with lip erase underneath for the peachiness to show or else it just pulls pink on me. If you don’t have very pigmented lips then it probably wouldn’t be a problem. I really liked the look I wore this with too- very old eyeshadow palette from a MAC holiday collection!

MAC Bubble Lounge lipgelee


I bought this from the lovely *Deyleteful Speaks* in her blog sale last year but it came out with Champale collection. It’s very dense actually and super sparkly! Rubbish accompanying fotd but I am wearing very minimal make up with this gloss.

MAC dressmaker dressmaker

(lustre, pret a papier collection 2010-Worn with 17 tinted moisturiser, mac pearl ccb, 
ysl creme de blush 1, 17 liquid liner, ysl shocking mascara, Chanel illusion d'ombre 82
Ah now you can see what happens to lipsticks I’ve had a while- they get bent. This lippie came out in pret-a-papier collection in 2010. I don’t know why I don’t wear it more- I really enjoyed wearing it on this day. 

MAC Hue

Now you’ve all seen this lipstick but have you ever seen one this deformed? It most likely the most distressed lipstick I own and probably one of the oldest. I find this really hard to wear to be honest, it washes me out and looks very pale and pink on me. I used to have lighter skin a few years ago and got a lot more wear out of it then- also I used to pair it with Boy Bait gloss from MAC which I must repurchase!

NEARLY DONE GUYS!!!

Dolce and Gabbana Mandorla & 17 mirror shine lipstick Bee Hive
Worn with chanel vitalumiere, benefit erase paste, 
mac superdupernatural blush & pearl ccb, sleek au naturel palette: matte White, beige, pale grey + black used. Benefit badgal liner, Ysl shocking mascara.
I love this colour, it’s a very nude-pink, some reviews I’ve seen say  “ballet pink” I’m not very good at shade descriptions though! I cited this as my favourite lipstick of 2011 in my *favourites* post.
17 mirror shine lipstick Bee Hive is not at all similar to Mandorla, but I wore it with exactly the same matte grey smokey eye as I did Mandorla which is why they’re pictured together. Bee Hive is pale pink and very glossy.

MAC Brave red, prudeaux slim shine, love peck kissable lip colour and Maybelline Fatal red

After my *FOTD* at the end of last year I got stuck in a red rut and wore these four shades with the same make up pictured above. Brave red is definitely my favourite red in my collection.

Ok so 10 down…100 or so to go- in seperate, short posts I might add!



Do you use all the lipsticks you have or do you have a huge archive of unused products like me?

Don't forget to tell me if you are doing this lipstick using project too, I can link to you guys like a lipstick hoarders club or something!






5 comments:

  1. This is a great idea!

    I don't wear make up daily otherwise I'd do this.

    The D&G, MAC Dressmaker and Hue look great on you!

    Very pretty.

    I hope you're doing better now hun, glad you're back at work.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @nazia- thank you :) hope you are too! You could still do a lipstick swatch diary, I don't wear it when I'm in hospital either xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post :) love all of the colours!
    laur x

    www.betwixtlaur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!