So I thought I'd be productive this Christmas eve and get my 2011 favourites out!
I tried to think of my most used or favourite buys of the year rather than by category- I can't think I've found a ground breaking new mascara or concealer this year, for example. So here we are!
1. Famous by Sue Moxley shimmer bricks I seriously see hardly any difference between these and the Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks and this product is £6. Enough said.
2. Clarins beauty flash balm I used this about 5 years ago but I guess at that age I wasn’t really tired enough to appreciate the effects of this product! My boyfriend bought me an amazing Clarins giftset in June for our anniversary and the BFB was in there. My love for this illuminating base has been rekindled and I’ve just purchased another tube.
3. Chanel Vitalumiere foundation I bought this in May or June and it just works really well in Summer or Winter. This foundation is quite dewy and brightening, it covers more by deflecting away from imperfections and feels light on the skin
4. YSL creme de blush I haven’t had this very long, maybe since October but I haven’t used another blush since I got it. I have shade 01 velvet peach. For a cream blush it has fantastic longevity and blends like a dream. I like to apply it with a stippling brush.
5. Chanel Illusion d’Ombre shadows My original review is *here* This product has just got to be the eyeshadow of the year for anyone. What a texture, what an effect, what staying power- they just nailed it. The green one is next on my list
6. MAC moleskin eyeshadow This came out with the MAC me over collection this year and it’s become my favourite neutral shadow. It looks really peach in this rubbish photo but it’s actually quite a smokey camel colour. Kind of a mix of naked and buck from the UD naked palette.
7. HD brows palette The vast majority of us bloggers got this palette in our Glossy boxes, and woah did it make that box worthwhile. Awesome, awesome product.
8. Sleek pout paints I got the colours to make neutral lip shades and have quite enjoyed having this slightly gross looking mixing pot in my handbag and tweaking the peach/pinkness of my lipstick on the go!
9. Dolce & Gabbana Mandorla lipstick This lippie was picked up in April and I think it came out with the Spring collection this year. It’s a beautiful pale pinky nude blend and the quality of D&G lipsticks it’s really exceptional. I’m really glad I got my hands on it this year
10. 17 revenge nail polish Out of all the lovely OPI, China Glaze and Chanel nail polish releases this year I think this little 17 one is my favourite- I base this decision on the fact that I protested the most over having to take this off in hospital! It's a greyish pink with purple sparkle.
So that concludes my 2011 favourites! I would love to read yours so leave your links in the comments
Are any of these products on your list?