Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Glossy Box vs Boudoir Prive


GlossyBox vs Boudoir Prive

This is an over done subject I know but a decision I had to share with you, so here are my thoughts so far: help me decide!



GlossyBox October & Overall

From what I’ve seen I think this is the first month we have all got the same box, just varying nail polish shades.

Dermalogica samples & bag- very nice to have the bag and everyone loves a bit of Dermalogica. However that in itself makes me wonder why it’s in here? If Dermalogica works for you, then generally that’s what you use. I don’t think this was a very imaginative addition but absolutely outstanding products nonetheless.

Leighton Denny nail polish- I received the colour hanky panky and whilst I love the name, I hate the colour with a passion. It is hideous and although they can’t cater for personal taste- and that isn’t the point- I do repeatedly get the bargain basement feel with their colour choices of A LOT of the samples (Silver Illamasqua lipgloss, anyone...) 




Stila eyeliner- for me this something I would actually buy and
probably will sooner now I've tried this. Each month glossybox do
provide something that makes the £13 worth it alone

Perfume samples- I know these tiny vials irritate many customers but I
am a fragrance fanatic so although I haven't loved any of them so far
I'm more than happy to be sent a whole boxful of perfume samples
because I just want to smell everything. I walk through john lewis at
least 3 times a week and spritz a different perfume on each arm, even
mens ones...


Overall- After 5 boxes I feel like with Glossy Box you get brands you have certainly heard of or even tried before. Usually excellent quality products though!

Predictable? Yes. Disappointing? No...

Boudoir Prive October and Overall


Studiomakeup Eye Liner pen- this is a new brand to me and a great product from what I can see so far. This is what I like about Boudoir Prive; they introduce you to lovely new brands that you couldn’t find yourself on a routine trip around Boots (like Stila)

Rose & Co lip balm and Korres body butter- Both great products which, if I wasn’t allergic to them I would be ecstatic to use but as it is I’m really happy to give them as gifts



Perfume sample- This one I actually really like, but as mentioned before I enjoy sampling all perfumes, even if I don’t like them. A good dupe for Sundance is Narcisse by Chloe though if you like it too but won’t be paying that much! !

Skin Lightening creams- I’m not sure about the general concept of these (I don’t particularly want to be whiter!) but it’s a new product for me to try nonetheless, I remember when the BB cream whispers started in the western world thinking it sounded like the strangest thing- but look at the popularity now.

Hair Oil- This sample is in really stupid packaging, it’s a solid product in a solid, thin container- duh! I will have to heat it to get the product out which is a bit thoughtless of them. This happened before with a body butter- I had to slice the bottle in half to get it out. Annoying!


Overall- After 3 Boudoir Prive boxes I feel like this delivers niche, interesting brands you wouldn't find yourself so it fulfills my personal objective of experimenting with new products, it doesn't really deliver show stopping famous brands ie full size NARS products.


So which box stays and which box goes? I'm at a total loss here, help me decide ladies!

What would you do?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!