Sunday, 13 November 2011

Clarins Skin Illusion Foundation review


I need to get round to reviewing more of my foundation collection, I always want to thoroughly test them out before giving a review, but then end up practically finishing them before mentioning it at all!



Needless to say, I’ve been using this since September so I should have a fair idea what it’s like by now

Packaging: Very nice, glass container. Metal lid. Chunky, weighty, expensive feeling.

Texture: gel like cream, reminds me of Bourjois healthy mix and Lancome teint miracle



Coverage: Light medium. It’s comparable to Chanel Vitalumiere in coverage (another foundation I’ve had ages and not reviewed) It camouflages more by reflecting away from imperfections rather than masking them with colour

Finish: Dewey but looks great powdered lightly, it retains a satiny glow and photographs well.

Longevity: Good for a dewey foundation, powdered it lasts all day on me
Value: It’s £25 which for a high end feel foundation is not that bad. The packaging puts MAC in the shade and they’re around the same price.



As you can see it doesn’t cover blemishes or under eye circles

 it does photograph flat so in the 3rd photo I have on concealer, elf HD powder, mac pearl ccb to highlight areas of the face, bourjois chocolate bronzer to contour and YSL cream blush. That’s ALL necessary to give my face dimension.

All in all I really like skin illusion. It smells like cucumbers for reference. The shade I have is Amber which is a bit dark for me now I’m not tanned but the shade range is good.

Have you tried any Clarins foundations?
What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. Lovely review, I was thinking of giving this foundation a try because I usually love Clarins stuff! Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nadia- thank you, it's a lovely lightweight foundation :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!