Monday, 12 September 2011

Revlon Smokey Canvas

I picked up 3 of the new Revlon polishes whilst they were in offer last month so thought I'd show you some comparison swatches for Smokey Canvas since I've heard a lot of opinions about potential dupes for this...



THUMB- smokey canvas (revlon)
INDEX- desert haze (elf)
MIDI- chinchilly (essie)
RING- pelican gray (china glaze)
PINKY- skull & glossbones (opi)





Desert Haze from ELF is the closest dupe and it's also the cheapest.




The colour is warmer so it depends which suits your skin tone best- I don't think smokey canvas suits me at all but I do like desert haze

Skull & glossbones is much lighter but similar in hue

Pelican gray is nothing like smokey canvas- it is a blue toned grey with White micro glitter

Chinchilly is a lot darker, it actually looks uncharacteristically deep next to the other colours!

Smokey canvas is pretty much a one coat wonder. Two coats and it starts to ripple a little if you're not careful.




The 3 polishes I got in August are the first Revlon polishes I've tried, and from what I've seen so far they are true retail polishes (shiny, quick-dry, no need for base/top coats, one coat only)

I was thinking about doing a post on the differences between salon polishes and retail polishes, do you think that will be boring??


Do you like taupe-grey nail colours for Autumn?

2 comments:

  1. thanks, I've been looking for a dupe of Smoky Canvas since I haven't been able to find it anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @inthedish- Glad it helped someone! X

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!