Monday, 22 August 2011

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Review & FOTD



All the shades in this longwear luminous eyeshadow range are stunners.
It was a toss up between the peach, the bronze, the black (don’t ask me to write out all the French names) and, well also the other 3 would have done quite nicely too.




I decided to be practical nonetheless and go for Emervielle, a shimmering peachy champagne colour.

Colour wise it is obviously similar to the following in my collection:
MAC Naked pigment (Emervielle is peachy and not as cool toned)
MAC Naked Lunch eyeshadow
MAC bare study paint pot (Emervielle is less sparkly)
No 7 Wheatsheaf eyeshadow (Emervielle is brighter)




It certainly rivals MAC paint pots for me as a creaseless base or stand alone shadow. In fact I even prefer it to Bare study a teeney bit as it’s softer and smoother in texture

This is the least made-up hopefully you’ll ever see me,




I’m wearing Emervielle on it’s own, a bit of blacktrack fluidline, Famous by Sue Moxley shimmer brick, Estee Lauder sumptuous extreme mascara and 17 skin adapt foundation-which offers about 1% coverage


The only downfall (apart from the price tag) is the application, it can takes a few layers to build opacity.

Other than that I am completely in love with it, it delivers on its’ promises of creaseless longwear and is brightening and beautiful.

I feel a hymn coming on…

Have you succumbed to these yet?

8 comments:

  1. Emervielle is the one I wanna get.. It looks so pretty on you.. Really brightens up your eyes.. Can't wait til these come out in Dubai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @delyteful speaks- thank you hunni :) Ebouli ( or however you spell that) the bronze one is the next one I'm gonna go for but this one is great for all skin tones as you can sheer it out or build it easily x

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg this is gorgeous on you - and you don't need any more make up than that you are beautiful!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @strawberry blonde- aw thank you :) it is a lovely colour, worth the price definitely x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great FOTD! I've recently recived Illamasqua pigmented eyeshadow - similar to this Chanel after putting it on, but I have yet to use it for a night out! :) X

    http://yvetvdn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, sorry for posting wrong blog link! I was adding Yvet to my blog roll and forgot her link was in my clipboard - silly me! ;) X

    www.mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks absolutely lovely on you. I'm tempted but I know I'd just push it aside for 'louder' shades lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @mademoiselle lala- thanks :) I like illamasqua pigments too but I make a lot of mess with them!

    @Nazia- Thank you! All the shades are just lovely, I'd love to get the bronzey one and purple one x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!