Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Weather inspired NOTD!

I thought about doing a manicure inspired by the 'Sun through the rain' weather which we've been experiencing in the UK last week, although if I'd have based it on the past few days it would have been Rain-on-Rain inspired!



The flash photography doesn't do it justice unfortunately because I haven't been able to stop staring at my nails this week!

I went through quite a few variations before settling on the combo in the above picture, which is:

17 smoke signals
OPI Rising star from Burlesque collection for the 'rays'
Elf golden goddess top coat

Some of my other combinations were



I dabbled with using a shiny top coat and no glitter (thumb),matte topcoat (little finger) NYC lights, camera, glitter as top coat (blue glitter- index) and large gold glitter from Barry M (ring)

I used a striper brush to draw the lines, in case you're wondering:



Which variation do you prefer?

I hope your weather is more summery than it is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!