Sunday, 19 June 2011

Estee Lauder Sumptious Extreme Mascara

I haven't done a mascara review for quite some time so I'm going to share my thoughts on Estee Lauder's latest offering.



Quite the packaging that would look lovely on your dressing table

I don't advocate doing your mascara on the bus, but I wouldn't exactly be embarrassed to whip this out!

The brush is massive, which is precisely the kind of mascara brush I love, and it's a bit pointed



I'm still learning how to photo edit so excuse the slightly amatuer pictures

This mascara applies like a dream, one heavy handed swipe and you can be done with it.
I really wouldn't recommend more than two coats because at that point it would start to clump

The all important before & after pictures -again, excuse the photo editing, I thought I was being clever but it does look like I have a weird caterpiller eyebrow running through the collage!



That's no mascara, 1 coat, 2 coats.
I curled my lashes becasue you wouldn't have been able to see them in the before photos otherwise

Basically I'm really happy with this mascara but as usual I fel like some tiny detail is lacking in it's performance. Unfortunatel I don't really know if I want more volume at the roots, or just a fuller appearance, (certainly not more length) but it's just missing that extra oomph to get a 10/10 score

Have you tried this one?
What do you look for in a mascara?

3 comments:

  1. Now following :) Your lashes look so long after two coats and black as black! Gorgeous but I personally love my Maybelline One By One. You should try it if you're looking for volume at the roots! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review!

    -Dinah
    dgsbeauty.com

    *Check out my giveaway:
    http://www.dgsbeauty.com/2011/06/dgsbeautys-100-followers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review. I don't buy Estee products as a rule so won't try this one, but good to know about it.

    I have naturally very long black lashes (thanks mum!), so for me it's usually about the volume and The Body Shop makes The Best mascara EVER if you're looking for volume. :) X



    P.S. Don’t forget about my new giveaway!

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!