Friday, 6 May 2011

The Lipstick Tag

I was tagged by Chester to do this tag, I've seen it on a few blogs now and I really like it so Thanks, Chester!



1. When you were a child, did you use your mother's lipsticks?

Hmm... No I don't think so. I remember her having a particular affection for No 7 Highland Mist lipstick but I never wore it!
Although once when I was about 5 years old on Comic Relief 'red nose day' she did draw on my nose with red lipstick...and advised me to rub noses with other kids...they weren't so sure!

2. How old were you when you bought your first lipstick?

I had a Natural Collection tinted lipbalm in the colour sugarplum at the age of 10 which I insisted on wearing even though it really wasn't flattering
Then bought a Body Shop lipstick trio with some Christmas vouchers at 11. They were dark purple, baby pink and chocolate brown and they were all marbled. Niiice
I know my Mum was very unhappy about that purchase at the time!

3. Pink or red lipstick?

I love both, I suppose I wear pink or nude the most but I think red actually suits me better



4. The most expensive lipstick you have ever bought?

Probably either a YSL Rouge Volupte or Dolce & Gabbana lipstick, both £22-23 each or something like that

5. And the cheapest?

That I still own?- ELf mineral lipstick in barely bitten is £3.50 so I guess that one, although the Sleek true colour lippies I got recently were 2 for £6 so technically were cheaper


6. What's the most bizarre thing you have ever done with a lipstick?

Apart from the aforementioned wearing it on the nose aged 5, I can't think of anything, although the shape of my lipsticks always goes a bit weird so I must apply them in a bizarre way:




7. If you had to recommend a lipstick, which brand would you recommend and why?

I would go for MAC as they have the biggest range of colours and textures. You can't go wrong with MAC!


I would like to tag:

Adorable on your Vanity
Delyteful Speaks
Hungry Caramella
Make Up Savvy

and anyone else of course who wants to do it of course

I highly recommend it, this tag sent me down memory lane on my make-up journey through life!


ps: I don't know what to do about my blog template at the moment, it is a work in progress

5 comments:

  1. Great tag! I also used to love Highland mist, although I never even wore it, it was just nice to have to look at!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shades :) - great post, thanks for the review!

    www.tg-tresglamour.blogspot.com

    Hope you enjoy as much as I enjoy following yours :)

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for following me! I feel honoured! :)

    What a great tag! I also love MAC lipsticks and feel you can never go wrong with them! They have matte shades, which I adore.

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love MAC lipsticks, but my favourite right now is actually from Cover Girl in Peach Shine :)

    xokatelynelise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!