Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Yellow Nail Trend

They call me mellow yellow....
..because I've been wearing loads of yellow nail polish for a week


So I can't get hold of Chanel Mimosa nail polish and whilst that is annoying, I have raided my stash and found that I have a few yellow polishes that I thought I'd share with you



Index Finger:
Barry M pale yellow
Bright, fun-in-the-sun yellow. You all know what Barry M polishes are like so I won't elaborate!

Middle Finger:
Catrice Don't feed the birds!
From what I understand Catrice is a high street brand from Germany (correct me if I'm wrong, please)
I was lucky enough to win this in the lovely Chester's giveaway competition- check her out by the way! she has a seriously impressive MAC eyeshadow collection



Ring Finger:
Zoya Bekka
This was my festival nail polish of choice a few years back and I have fond memories for that reason!
It looks sort of lime green next to the other yellows, but actually it's extremely bright, fluro yellow with shimmer. It's bold, indeed but I like it

Little Finger:
17 sherbet lemon
Another nail polish I couldn't get my hands on was Illamasqua Load, and I was pretty annoyed, until I noticed this litt;e 17 one could be a bit of a dupe?
It's probably more yellow and less cream than Load from what I can tell from swatches but nonetheless, Sherbet lemon is my favourite yellow out of these 4!




Are you going for the yellow look this spring?
What's your favourite yellow?

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm all over yellows and oranges for summer and I plan on loving them to death when the weather warms up. *grin*
    Btw, thanks for your comment about my eye shadow collection. I might have gone a bit overboard in the past, and I'm not done yet. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. @chester- thanks, no problem :) I am so jealous of that collection!
    Loving coral nails at the moment so may do some more NOTD along those lines x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!