Thursday, 7 April 2011

Blistex Trials

Lipbalm is one of my biggest obsessions. fact! My lips are not just naturally dry, they're like the Sahara, which is why I was super happy when I recieved some Blistex products to try. I don't review everything I receive, and I don't accept every offer to trial products either, but lip balms are a pretty important topic to me so I thought I'd share my thoughts on the range I'll start with my favourite: Daily Lip Conditioner

This balm has a slightly menthol tingle to it but also is maybe a bit vanilla scented? I'm not sure, but I think it's the nicest scent in the range. It has a waxy, typical balm like consistency and lasts really well on the lips, and moisturises instantly. You just can't go wrong unless you hate lip balm in a pot container of course.



Intensive Moisturiser


Hmm, I'm really not sure about this one. It is waxy cream formula and comes out of the tube VERY thickly, as you can see in the swatch. I find the daily lip conditioner to be better at moisturising than this one too, also I'm not fond of this type of applicator either, but that's just me. I've been using it more for toning down bright lipsticks which it's very good at though



Lip Massage


This is the balm I was most excited about, but unfortunately it's not my favourite. It has a twist up applicator which dispenses it's clear, strawberry scented balm onto a ridged applicator. The ridged end is supposed to help exfoliate the lips, but for me, it didn't deliver on that, and I manage to get foundation, lipstick remains and any other dirt all over the tip which is a bit gross. So, I think it is good for cleaning your lips but it doesn't get rid of flakes. I do think it boosts the circulation temporarily though which is quite nice. If you don't have mega dry lips this is probably better for you than for me!



Relief Cream


This may look boring and medicinal, and it is a bit, but I had to start the trials with this because my lips were such a eczema-y, flaky, dry state and it completely sorted them out in 24 hours. I am never going to be without this again! This is defintely for extremely dry, cracked lips and it smells very minty.



Well, that was a bit extensive but hopefully it's been helpful in some way



What is your go-to lipbalm?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!