Thursday, 17 March 2011

Mascara Fight!

In the red corner...

MAC Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara
In the erm, other corner...

Bourjois Volumizer Mascara



Ok so I'm comparing these two because they both have the 2 step applicators, "2 brushes in one" but we all know they actually contain 1 brush and two holes which it can be pulled through.



Does that make sense?

To reiterate, both mascara have exactly the same design and the same brush.

The MAC packaging is indefinitely cooler, but it is a lot more expensive.

How do they perform?
Well I think I just don't get on with this type of mascara as I don't like either of them, but the MAC is worse on me



MAC on the left side of photo, Bourjois on the right.

I have only had the Borjois mascara about 2 weeks, and I've had the MAC one 3 months.

I don't think that Haute & Naughty has got worse over this period of time- it's always been a total pain to apply.

When I first got it, it was impossible to apply, the formula was so wet that it splattered all over the place and clumped like nobodies business.

After about a month though, it began to dry out and for a few weeks after that it was great.

I say great, I mean only if I applied it in a certain way; using the fatter handle and then seperating the lashes with the thin one afterwards.

For some reason it has now reverted back to it's original clumpy mess- maybe it was the freezing conditions a few months ago which made the formula more manageable?

Who knows. Either way it is the most high maintenance mascara ever created.

Bourjois Volumizer is easy enough to use and doesn't clump up as much, I just don't love the result to be honest


Maybe I'm just impossible to please!


Have you tried either of these mascaras?

4 comments:

  1. you are blessed with the most amazing lashes you know.

    Any mascara would look good on you :)
    God bless x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lashes are lovely . I wish my ones were like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh woow ur lashes look stunning!!

    I never even thot of trying MAC mascaras.. Never thot they would give this amazing effect!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!