Monday, 28 February 2011

Professional Beauty Show thoughts

I went to the professional beauty show in London's exel today so I thought I'd share with you what I bought and my thoughts on the event



That's me being extremely dorky with my free champagne in one of the 'lounges'!

It's not really a place to get loads of free stuff- I only got one sample of moisturiser, the glass of champers and was "too late" to get the complimentary VIP goody bag.

I attended with my Mum who owns a salon so we had VIP tickets, although apart from free parking I don't think we got any special treatment!

However, I was very happy to find Louella Belle exhibiting there- they are now the soul UK distributer for ESSIE so I managed to pick up some polishes I've been after for about £5 each




OPI weren't offering discount for professionals so there wasn't really a haul opportunity there!

I was interested by the Gelish and Shellac stands, as I love the idea of a 2-3 week gel polish that doesn't damage your natural nails, and was really disappointed to learn that part of the removal process is using a 180 grade nail file on the natural nail- something that will strip several layers off it.

I also got some brushes




I was in heaven when I found this stand- they were a brand called Crown and they had about a million different brushes at very reasonable prices- I think the liner brushes were £3 each. I have been scouring the internet trying to find a really tiny, thin lining brush so I'm really glad to get these, I didn't want to pay £12+ for something so tiny!


Did anybody else check out professional beauty today or yesterday?
Oh and did you go to the Beauty Bloggers Event at eXel today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!