Saturday, 12 June 2010

Mascara-rama

Sorry for the long absence girlies, Here's my much overdue mascara comparison between
Dior Extase and the much cheaper L'oreal Volume Million lashes


There they are side by side, they give quite a similar effect, I think the only difference is that the L'oreal mascara makes the lashes much more seperated and fluttery and the Dior has a slight tendency to clump.

The brushes:


L'oreal at the top, Dior at the bottom
I usually despise plastic mascara brushes but the effects of the L'oreal are (sorry for ridicuolous pun) Worth it!

Ok so it's been mentioned to me that my eye lashes are so long that me doing a mascara review is pointless- not so, here is a rather horrid pic of my eye sans eyeliner and mascara



YAWN....

So here we go:

L'oreal Volume million Lashes x4 coats (I like to test products to the max!)

You don't have to go as mad as I do with it but it really catches every lash and adds volume subtely as you build the second coat, and looks impressively like false lashes.

Dior Extase x4 coats


See it's clumpiness? Not bad for that many coats but still for £23 I was expecting endless joyful applications without clumping. I love Dior mascara usually and before I got the Loreal one this was pretty much up there with my faves, but now I definitely prefer the Volume Million Lashes.

Although it has to be said the Extase does curl your lashes for you so points for that :)

Also I picked up Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous, having loved the original lash stiletto mascara and waited eagerly for the volumising version to be released in the UK, I have to say Don't Bother. It is a very dry version of the original and that is all.





Any new mascara recomdations for me?



6 comments:

  1. i love that loreal one, i think it might be my favourite and it looks amazing on your lashes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the L'Oreal one on you, my HG mascara was their Telescopic tube of goodness but since learning they test on animals I have boycotted them... such a shame, as they do make some awesome stuff xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two :)
    nooberella; I worked for loreal 2 years ago and they made a big deal about how they hadn't tested on animals for over 10 years and also that they spent more cash than any other cosmetic company world wide on research against animal testing, so I'd check that info again, maybe they've started doing it again recently but I'd say that's unlikely
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fave eyeliner at the moment is Bobbi Brown, dont know if it is a certain one I have but I need a new one now anyway, as it is starting to clump. Adds loads of volume and length without clumping usually, my mum always thinks I have falsies on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. I have been debating buying the new Loreal one, so after seeing this post, I think I definitely will, your lashes look amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Those are some lashes! I love the brushes on both of them, they look really cool!

    Laura, I hope you are planning on entering my current makeup contest. I'm sure you're busy, but I'd love to see an entry from you since you were SO awesome in the last one!! Please come check it out, http://nvbeauty.blogspot.com/2010/05/sedona-lace-your-face.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!