Thursday, 6 May 2010

Baby-Soft Hair?



I've been using this shampoo for about a week and the above pics are the results.
It's not marketed as an 'age-defying' hair product but it should be- my hair feels exactly like it did when I was a child: silky soft and bouncy.
And, unexpectedly- wavy!

It is:


GLISS SHEA CASHMERE SHAMPOO


In the pictures my hair has been washed and left to dry naturally, no styling products were used at all, considering I usually use about 4 things to get my poker straight hair to be voluminous and wavy, I am seriously impressed!

Here's what Schwarzkopf say:


With research showing that damaged hair is on the rise, indulge your hair with new Gliss Shea Cashmere Shampoo and Conditioner from Schwarzkopf.
Containing a unique nourishing formula with Shea Butter and Cashmere protein, this brand new Shampoo and Conditioner provides intensive care for dry, lifeless hair to give inimitable moisturising benefits and 100% suppleness.
New Gliss Shea Cashmere Shampoo and Conditioner is priced at £1.99 RRP


And what I think:

It also reminds me a bit of the L'occitane shea butter shampoo in it's texture and lather when you're using it, it's very rich and creamy.

If you have oily hair I would give it a miss as the shampoo is so rich, but it's working well for me and I have normal (if not very flat) hair with dry ends naturally. If you have dry hair I would think this would be particularly nice.

It has a heavy feel to it which lasts on your hair throughout the day- now for me, that makes my fine hair look fuller, but I can imagine if you have thick, oily hair this would weigh it down more.

I was going to post a picture of my hair when I was 3 so you could see that it looks the same as now haha but it didn't really work out tech-wise. The shampoo does remind me of baby shampoo though and I don't really know why... It doesn't smell like baby shampoo or anything, it smells like shea butter but there you go, maybe it's just me :)

I haven't got the conditioner but I can't wait to try it if it's anything like the shampoo so I'll give you an update when I find that in stores :)



love


Laura







Gliss Shampoo was sent to me for review but everything mentioned in this post is my honest opinion- I think that's obvious from my usual rambling but I feel like I have to say that!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura I really like your blog! I used to use gliss a lot a few years back u have inspired me to try this new one as it was always a nice product when I used it.
    Please come and visit my blog which I have only just started it would be nice to get to know some other bloggers.
    http://82nicola.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!