Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Spring Summer Fashion Inspired Look


The lovely NV Beauty is running a contest to do editorial, high fashion looks inspired by the Spring Summer '10 trends. She did say it is not meant to be wearable so I really went to town! I actually did the look first my impression of the spring/summer catwalk trends I've seen, then I went looking for proof and found this picture from Jean Paul Gautier's collection:



I think if I had seen this first it definitely represents my look- tribal, but pretty and pastel coloured. Also the colours in the dress are what I used- green and lilac.
Here's the other shots of my look:





And some close ups:




There are SO many products in use for this i'm not going to list them all, but for reference the lipstick is YSL Rouge Volupte 7 (lingerie pink) over Barry M 100 lipstick.
The green under my eye is Humid eyeshadow by MAC amongst other things
The purple is MUFE 92 eyeshadow with a lot of lilac and gold colours blended in and around
The 'warrior print' contouring colours are all MAC: Cranberry, Beauty marked, Tempting, and some white gold coloured pigment. I blended this over metallic mesh from a craft shop to make the pattern
I decided to do quite animalistic contouring of my nose, cheek bones, temples and jaw to make it a little bit fox-like, I did this with a dark cream contour under the foundation. I also highlighted heavily around this with my MAC CCB in pearl.

If you want to know what any of the other colours on my face are or how I did any of it please let me know and I'll do my best to explain!


Love


Laura

3 comments:

  1. The mesh look on your cheeks is awesome. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! This really follows all the requirements that I asked for! =) Thanks for entering!! Check back next week for the winner!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!