Friday, 19 March 2010

Product Rave: Elf Studio Cream Eyeliner



So I've been using this over a week now and thought I'd put it on here. I got the mineral infused primer at the same time and loved it! It makes my face silky soft and foundation blends in effortlessly over it.

Anyway I got the cream eyeliner in the colour midnight, mistakenly thinking it was black. I know they also have one called black but ok, I'm stupid right? Or just extremely unobservant I guess! I have been wearing this for over a week still thinking it is black, until today when I finally got round to swatching and photographing it in total daylight I can see that it's the same colour as my nail varnish; Big Smoke by Butter London, so therefore it must be steel blue.

Hand Swatch:



It is very dark, it kind of appears a soft black I suppose. I've been wearing it mainly with rosy outlook and smut e/s from MAC and it looked soft black with them

Good Points and some minors:

It stays on forever. Really, really hard wearing but removeseasily with make up remover

The cream texture is really nice and smooth to apply

It stays damp for a few minutes so you've got time to blend or smoke it if you want

It stays on the lower lash line well but not the waterline

It's hard to get the right brush to use with it, I've ordered the Elf studio small angled one to try, but other small angled brushes I've used with it haven't worked well, And don't even think about using the Elf professional eye liner brush in my photo- I just did it and it's a big no-no! I've been using cleaned liquid eyeliner brushes instead which are working well with it


Have you picked up this cream liner too?


Love


Laura

8 comments:

  1. I have this in black, really want to get the midnight one. Its amazing. I could not get over the quality for the price. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i might try this! :) Ruby & millie do a good small angled brush x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @missmascara- i am impressed with it but it's my first foray into gel/cream eyeliners, i'm tempted to get the black now i know mine isn't! xx

    @sarbeauty- it is good :) lol the ruby&millie slanted eyeliner brush is the one I have! It's not sharp enough for this product on my eyelid though :( but thanks for therecomendation, it is usually a good brush
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw the on the website and wonderd if they were any good, will order now thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @beauty addict- enjoy :) I should say that I've read the white one isn't very good, but otherwise as long as you 've got the right brush you'll be fine!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i tried this today and I love it! the small angled brush works very well with it from what i have experimented
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! And great blog, I am a new follower!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. @catanya- thank u hun! so excited i'm nearly at 30 subscribers now :)
    xx

    @Anna- I have the elf studio smal angle brush too now and that does seem to be the easiest way of putting it on. I found it lasts on my eye better with the elf liner sealer brush though!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!