Friday, 5 February 2010

Bourjois Volume Glamour Mascara

Here's a cheapy mascara review for you today: Bourjois Volume Glamour mascara in Ultra Black.

I got this as it was particularly cheap in Superdrug just to tide me over until Diorshow Extase is released in the UK- If any of you know when that is happening please please let me know!!

I'v had mixed opinions with bourjois mascaras before, my first mascara ever was Bourjois 'coup de theatre' which i quite liked at the time, and reletively recently I got the 1001 cils mascara, which i reviewed here:

http://laurasummer.blog.co.uk/2009/11/05/beauty-reviews-and-faves-7311747/

I didn't like that ^ mascara very much but this one I'm finding better. So without any further waffle here are the pics:







OK I had to put more on this afternoon to do the pictures and it turns out you can't layer that mascara or you will get spider eyes like in my photos, I will have to add them later as my eyebrows also look awful and i could do with putting the mascara on properly! Anyway 1 coat will no way give you any definition, you need at least 3 or 4 and you have to do them all really quick before it dries. Also I don't know if the brush sticks up in that ski jump shape by itself or if that's my manipulation of it :/

The other reviews I've seen are pretty good, I find it decent but not perfect. It usually gives me a 50's lash effect as it's not very good at getting the inner corners so I get quite a winged out at the egdges look.
It is great at curling and lifting the outer lashes as well so I would give it a 6 out of 10 maybe an 7 actually because it's price makes it value for money. It's not volumising enough for me to choose as an everyday mascara though really as I like my lashes as big as possible!

Diorshow is my HG mascara and I love trying outtheir variations, so if any of you know when Extase is in the UK do tell!

Love

Laura

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I'll have to try that mascara! Really like you're blog gorgeous, would mean a lot if you could check out mine! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hun, love your blog too the name is one of my faves lipsticks as well! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!