Monday, 22 February 2010

Boots 3 for 2 spree

Sorry I've been AWOL last week, changing jobs/boyfriends at the same time has been taking it's toll!

So I went a bit cheap make up crazy and took advantage of boots' 3 for 2 offers on maybelline and Rimmel. These are both make up brands I usually hate I might add but thought I'd play around with it.

I got:

Maybelline colorsensational lipstick in fatal red, I do actually like these lipsticks as I've said before so that's an alright purchase




Maybelline Pulse perfection mascara- much cheaper than the Estee Lauder one which is supposed to be awesome so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon better late than never Lol

Maybelline dream creamy foundation- A lot of people had recommended me this and I will do a review of it this week

Now onto the Rimmel lipsticks, I've never bothered with them before but i was playing around swatching them and decided they felt quite smooth and nice so I got some neutral colours that are easy to wear:

Volume booster lipstick in glam (lipstick shot is kinda pointless as the sun is shining on it)






This one is definitely the smoothest application and it's a terracotta toned nude. It's very creamy



Volume booster Lipstick in Parade:





It's a frosty mauve toned nude, still a nice day colour but not as moisturising as 'glam' is and it has a bit of shimmer

Moisture renew Bronze lipstick in Summer Angel




The photos really don't do this justice, It's super wearable sheer nude with a bit of shimmer. It's very smooth feeling like a balm almost and very nice.

And here's the FOTD, wearing glam and summer angel lipsticks together:




I will be doing at lot more posts this week so stay tuned, happy Monday everyone!

Love

Laura

2 comments:

  1. Love the look of the Volume Booster in Glam on you.
    It would be good to see the fatel red with abit of gloss over as its neither matt or glossy looking.

    Fee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ fee- thank u :) i will do a pic of fatal red with gloss as part of another maybelline review, either the foundation or mascara one

    x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so much, your comments are so important to me and I try to reply to everyone or leave a comment on your blog in return!